By Kam Thye Chow
• comprises greater than eighty illustrations, 30 charts, and a whole sequence of postures for a two-hour full-body therapeutic massage.
• writer Kam Thye Chow has taught therapeutic massage in Thailand and all through Europe and North the United States.
Until lately Thai yoga therapeutic massage used to be almost unknown within the West. It has its roots in either the traditional therapeutic traditions of Ayurveda and Thai Buddhism. during this certain perform, the therapist supplies a full-body therapeutic massage that mixes palming and thumbing alongside the Thai strength strains and strain issues with mild stretching, move, and breath paintings comparable to tai chi. utilizing his or her personal fingers, ft, palms, and legs, the practitioner lightly publications the recipient via a chain of yoga postures, making a harmonious and healing “dance” that ends up in larger actual understanding, grace, and non secular strength.
In this accomplished consultant for practitioners, Kam Thye Chow leads readers via each point of this dance--from its heritage and philosophy to a close presentation of an entire Thai yoga therapeutic massage consultation. this crucial reference contains greater than eighty illustrated postures, 30 charts and drawings, and an entire sequence of postures for a two-hour full-body therapeutic massage that focuses recognition on either the higher and reduce physique, which obtain equivalent tension within the Western way of life. details on contraindications, anatomy, and body structure integrates Western scientific wisdom and conception with this old culture. therapeutic massage therapists, actual therapists, nurses, and different doctors will locate Thai Yoga Massage a tremendous and leading edge supplement to their practice.
Read Online or Download Thai Yoga Massage: A Dynamic Therapy for Physical Well-Being and Spiritual Energy PDF
Best alternative medicine books
- moderne Hippotherapie auf einen Blick- mit ca. 2 hundred farbigen Fotos und forty Zeichnungen- mit differenzierter BewegungsanalyseDieses Praxisbuch bietet eine ausführliche und umfassende Erläuterung der Grundlagen und Rahmenbedingungen von Hippotherapie. Im Mittelpunkt steht eine differenzierte Bewegungsanalyse des Pferdes und der PatientInnen sowie der Bewegungsübertragung aus physiotherapeutischer Sicht.
In reliable fingers: A consultant to looking and Receiving therapeutic massage is written via an skilled therapeutic massage therapist whose again difficulties led her to therapeutic massage. figuring out and reduction of her soreness via therapeutic massage encouraged her to do an analogous for others. because then Debra Ty has pursued a profession giving and educating therapeutic massage in different arenas.
The necessity to create an intimate reference to your physique is extra crucial than ever. With the emerging charges of wellbeing and fitness care and the exponential progress of center sickness, strokes, diabetes, and melanoma, everyone is trying to find a brand new strategy to relate to their our bodies on the way to optimize future health and well being.
An real advisor to Thai yoga therapeutic massage, a distinct treatment that mixes stretching, breath paintings, assisted yoga postures, and strain aspect treatment. • comprises greater than eighty illustrations, 30 charts, and a whole sequence of postures for a two-hour full-body therapeutic massage. • writer Kam Thye Chow has taught therapeutic massage in Thailand and all through Europe and North the United States.
- The Gift of Healing Herbs: Plant Medicines and Home Remedies for a Vibrantly Healthy Life
- Kitchen Cures
- Yurashi-Therapie: Homöostase der Muskulatur als Weg und Ziel (German Edition)
- The Bowen Technique: The Inside Story
- The Complete ACL Surgery Recovery Guide
Extra resources for Thai Yoga Massage: A Dynamic Therapy for Physical Well-Being and Spiritual Energy