By Margrit Lauber-Reymann
Dieser bewährte Band bietet Informationsspezialisten eine aktualisierte Einführung in den Umgang mit Informationsressourcen. Nach der Darstellung von theoretischen Grundlagen werden ca. 500 allgemeine und fachspezifische Informationsressourcen ausgewählt und deren Inhalte, Funktionen und Bedeutung beschrieben. Neu hinzugekommen sind Abschnitte über Discovery providers, Forschungsdatenbanken und Fachinformationsdienste für die Wissenschaft. So wird Grundwissen zu Informationsressourcen vermittelt, das direkt in der Praxis eingesetzt werden kann.
Margrit Lauber-Reymann M.A.
studierte Bibliothekswesen und später Amerikanistik, Ethnologie und Soziologie. Als Bibliothekarin arbeitete sie bis 1992 in der Universitätsbibliothek München, danach wechselte sie zur Bayerischen Staatsbibliothek und unterrichtete an der Bibliotheksakademie Bayern. 2005 übernahm sie als Hochschullehrerin am Fachbereich Archiv- und Bibliothekswesen der Hochschule für den öffentlichen Dienst in Bayern die Fächer Formalerschließung und Informationsressourcen. Nach ihrem Ausscheiden aus dem Amt lehrt sie dort weiterhin als Dozentin für Informationsressourcen.
By T.D. Webb
By Lori Bowen Ayre
presents history at the evolution of the normal
Addresses the prices and merits of RFID, which might be a pricey technology
Discusses matters for libraries and their owners in migrating to the recent criteria, selecting extra steps had to eliminate legacy barriers
bargains techniques for libraries that experience applied RFID in addition to for these getting started
indicates find out how to use tags to optimize workflows and layout new services
By Hali R. Keeler
Foundations of Library prone is either a textual content for professors who train in library aid employees courses and an introductory reference handbook for help employees who paintings in libraries. This ebook will consultant the LSS to give you the chance to:
- Understand the undertaking and position of the library in its community
- Be acquainted with the ethics and values of the occupation, together with these of the Library invoice of Rights, the ALA Code of Ethics, freedom of data, confidentiality of library files and privateness issues
- Know the accountability and relationships between library departments
- Practice the fundamental ideas of circulate, together with interlibrary personal loan; present cataloging and category structures; and acquisitions and assortment improvement policies.
- Understand how libraries are ruled and funded inside of their companies or executive structures
- Realize the worth of cooperation to augment services
- Practice caliber client service
- Communicate and advertise the library’s values and services
- Recognize and reply to variety in person wishes
By Graham Walton,Graham Matthews
By Virginia A. Walter
* Outcome-based planning
* Early literacy
* Homework facilities in libraries
* childrens s spaces
With vast event in kid's prone in addition to library guideline matters, Walter brings readers important info at the present country of library prone to children.
By Kelvin J. Bwalya,Stephen M. Mutula
E-Government is a scorching subject. the combination of knowledge and conversation applied sciences into public carrier supply world wide deals a few promising possibilities. this article refers particularly to the advantages derived from ubiquitous entry to and supply of presidency providers to electorate, company companions and staff. This publication analyses the basic technical and non-technical suggestions which are crucial for winning implementation of e-Government in varied environments, specially in constructing countries.
This booklet is an necessary source for either e-Government practitioners and researchers in that it brings to the fore scholarly scrutiny, clinical debate, and top perform in e-Government. the writer has a history in desktop and data technological know-how and accentuates the multi-disciplinary nature of the problems surrounding e-Government.
By Richard P. Smiraglia,Pat Riva,Maja Žumer,Maja Zumer
Since 1998 while FRBR (Functional necessities for Bibliographic documents) used to be first released via IFLA, the trouble to increase and practice FRBR has been prolonged in lots of leading edge and experimental instructions. Papers during this quantity clarify and extend upon the of FRBR versions together with useful specifications for Authority facts (FRAD), practical requisites for topic Authority info (FRSAD), and the object-oriented model of FRBR often called FRBRoo. Readers will know about dialogues among the FRBR relations and different modeling applied sciences, particular implementations and extensions of FRBR in retrieval structures, catalog codes applying FRBR, a wide selection of study that makes use of the FRBR version, and techniques to utilizing FRBR for the Semantic internet.
Librarians of all stripes in addition to library and data technology scholars and researchers can use this quantity to carry their wisdom of the FRBR version and its implementation as much as date.
This booklet used to be released as a unique factor of Cataloging & class Quarterly.
By Getaneh Alemu,Brett Stevens
An Emergent thought of electronic Library Metadata is a response to the present electronic library panorama that's being challenged with transforming into on-line collections and altering person expectancies. the idea offers the conceptual underpinnings for a brand new strategy which strikes clear of specialist outlined standardised metadata to a consumer pushed strategy with clients as metadata co-creators. Moving clear of definitive, authoritative, metadata to a process that displays the variety of clients’ terminologies, it adjustments the present concentrate on metadata simplicity and potency to at least one of metadata enriching, that is a continual and evolving strategy of info linking. From predefined description to details conceptualised, contextualised and filtered on the aspect of delivery. By proposing this shift, this e-book presents a coherent constitution during which destiny technological advancements may be considered.
- Metadata is efficacious while continually enriched via specialists and users
- Metadata enriching effects from ubiquitous linkin
- Metadata is a source that are meant to be associated openly
- The strength of metadata is unlocked while enriched metadata is filtered for clients individually
By Susan Elizabeth Ward Aber,Jeremy Aber
Map Librarianship identifies uncomplicated geoliteracy recommendations and complements reference and guideline abilities via delivering information on discovering, downloading, supplying, and assessing maps, remotely sensed imagery, and different geospatial assets and providers, basically from relied on executive resources. through providing descriptions of conventional maps, geographic info structures (GIS), distant sensing, and different geospatial applied sciences, the ebook presents a well timed and useful consultant for the map and geospatial librarian to combination self assurance in conventional library ability sets.
- Includes hardly ever mentioned techniques of mentioning and referencing maps and geospatial facts, reasonable use and copyright
- Creates an expertise and appreciation of current print map collections, whereas construction electronic stewardship with surrogate map and aerial imagery collections
- Provides an creation to the idea and functions of GIS, distant sensing, participatory neogeography and neocartography practices, and different geospatial technologies
- Includes a listing of geospatial assets with descriptions and illustrations of primary map forms and codecs, on-line geospatial facts resources, and an creation to the main widespread geospatial software program programs to be had, on either computing device and cellular platforms